Print this Post

Can you help manage Radley’s potholes?

Radley Parish Council is looking for a volunteer to take on the role of Fix My Street Super User. This is part of a scheme introduced by Oxfordshire County Council to improve the state of repair of local roads and pavements which is already working well in over 30 other parishes and towns in Oxfordshire.

The FIx My Street Super user’s role is to monitor the roads within the 30mph limit, photograph any defects and send them directly to Oxfordshire County Council’s contractor for repair within 28 days.  Current users have also assisted their area highways officers with emergency works, and inspected & photographed other issues and sent them directly to their highways officers to deal with.  

What does the role involve?

  • Identifying & measuring potholes
  • Entering accurate information into the internal management system(website based)
  • Liaising with the area Highways Officer


  • Unclassified roads, 30mph or less
  • Sweep & Fill pothole repairs (non-emergency & non-permanent fixes)
  • Kerbing
  • Pavement & cycleway repairs

Insurance & Training:

The Super Users are volunteers for Oxfordshire County Council, and sign an agreement with them, and as such are covered under OCC insurance, not the parish council’s.  OCC provides training, hi-vis jacket & spray paints. 

You will ideally walk round the parish on a regular basis.

You will need to have access to your own suitable IT equipment (tablet, smartphone or laptop/pc) with internet access.


If you are interested in taking on this role in the community, please contact the Parish Clerk by email to clerk@radleyparish.org or by phone on 01865 864360.



Permanent link to this article: http://www.radleyvillage.org.uk/can-you-help-manage-radleys-potholes/