Print this Post

Get help with home repairs

Find out what support is available to keep you safe and well in your home at www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/homerepairs

Oxfordshire County Council has developed a referral service to help residents (owners and private tenants) or their carers  to access the help they need to stay independent, safe and well in their homes. 

The type of help that can be provided are services such as new boilers, repairs to boilers, loft or cavity wall insulation, access to a local and trustworthy repairs service and general advice on how to stay safe, well and affordably warm in your home.

Mr R from the Vale of the White Horse suffered a heart attack, which made keeping warm an even greater concern.  He had old metal framed, singled glazed windows which were draughty and allowed heat to easily escape making it freezing cold in winter.  He was put in contact with an organisation who was able to help him get new windows and says of the new windows “My improved health on a daily basis has already given me reason to feel I may enjoy a far better winter”

Permanent link to this article: http://www.radleyvillage.org.uk/get-help-with-home-repairs/