|Radley School House
The red brick section of Radley Primary School dates back to c1871, while the school house itself is much older. Prior to 1897, the school and the land on which it stood was owned by the Bowyer family and leased to the Church for 26 shillings (£1.30) per year. In 1897, despite the lease having 77 years to run, Mary Bowyer gave the entire property to the Church.
↑ Return to History
Radley School House
Permanent link to this article: http://www.radleyvillage.org.uk/ourvillage/history/radley-school-house/