↑ Return to Practical

Print this Page


Safeguarding people

Environmental warden

Fire safety advice

For emergencies dial 999

Find a telephone box in Radley



The nearest police station is in Abingdon at the junction of Colwell Drive and Marcham Road, opposite Macdonalds and close to the A34.Please use 0845 8 505 505 for all non-emergency enquiries. Visit the Thames Valley Police website for useful information or to report a non-emergency crime.


If you have information about a crime and don’t want to give your name, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.  There is no need to give your name.

Crimestoppers is not run by Thames Valley Police, but is a registered national charity which all police forces support. While information may be given anonymously, people may receive rewards for helping to convict offenders.

Our police team serving Radley

Our community police team is lead by PC Carl Bryant.  The Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) with particular responsibility for Radley is Adi (Adrian) Wright.

Carl and Adi can be contacted via 0845 8 505 505 or Adi by email at Adrian.wright@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

News from the Neighbourhood Action Group for Radley/Kennington/South Hinksey


Safeguarding people

Help and advice for members of the public, carers and professionals on protecting vulnerable adults who are at risk of abuse is available from Oxfordshire Safe from Harm.

Article from the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults team with examples of abuse.

If you are worried about a vulnerable person and don’t know where else to go you can contact Oxfordshire Social & Community Services on 0845 050 7666 (out of hours emergency number is 0800 833 408).

Abuse is often a crime. If you think a crime has been committed you can contact Thames Valley Police by ringing 0845 8 505 505.

Advice from Oxfordshire County Council on reporting abuse of children

Information on the work of the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board

District Council Environmental Warden – 

David Coates is employed by the Vale of the White Horse District Council and is responsible for law enforcement in relation to offences of fly tipping, fly posting and deposit of litter.He also deals with offenders allowing their dogs to foul public footways and open spaces, and has responsibility for lost and found dogs.David can be contacted on 07909 535 558 or 01235 520202 and is willing to talk to community groups about his role.

Free fire safety advice

  • The local Fire Service provides a free advice service on 0800 325999.
  • Fire and Rescue Service section of the Oxfordshire County Council website
  •  Useful fire safety tips and advice from our UK firefighters at www.fireservice.co.uk
  • The government site, Firekills, includes info and safety advice plus the addresses of local fire services.


Permanent link to this article: http://www.radleyvillage.org.uk/practical/police/

Safeguarding adults in Oxfordshire

Abuse is treating a person in a way that makes them feel frightened or unhappy, harms, hurts or exploits them. It can happen anywhere.  Joan Joan is 82 and lives on her own. Last week two men visited her and said that because of the recent frost the path to her door needed repairing and that if …

View page »